Wednesday, November 3, 2010

{twenty one weeks}


Hey Aubs,

I officially am the worst baby blogger ever! I have to catch up on 2 weeks, and tomorrow I'll be 23 weeks. Oh well! Happy 21 weeks! You are so big, roughly 10.5 inches! That's almost the length of a ruler. Too crazy. You gulp several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, your taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. I'm quite health conscious, I try to eat mostly whole foods, and not so much stuff out of boxes filled with preservatives. Hopefully you are liking the taste of whole foods, cause that's what you'll be getting growing up! I also learned something shocking this week: Formula's #1 ingredient is CORN SYRUP. Terrible! I barely have the stuff myself. People at the grocery store probably think I'm nuts cause I read every label on every item I pick up! Anyways, my 6-month goal of breastfeeding might just be changed to 12 months after knowing this yucky fact.

So far you've gotten quite a few goodies: Grandma got you your crib, (the cute white one from my post a while back), mom and dad got your car seat, EVERYONE has gotten clothes for you, and grandma also spoiled ME with that adorable diaper bag that I've been drooling over. Your Aunt Sarah has been quite generous and has given you lots of hand me downs from your cousin Grace, and even a changing table! Your room is filling up! Oh, and we also got this amazing leather rocker that is so comfy. That was dad's idea of course. He will probably be in it more than I will! Our next big baby expense will probably be the breast pump, it's pretty much set in stone I'll be working 3 days a week so I will need a good one! The one I want is $300, is it weird to ask for a pump for Christmas? Haha, oh how life changes. :)

Well, little girl, I love feeling your kicks and movements, mostly in the morning and night when I lay on my side. Daddy has yet to feel you, but he's not very patient! Give him a kick in the head next time he lays on my lap, will you?

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment