Friday, February 18, 2011

38 weeks.

38 weeks??
That is like, full term baby we're talking!

Updates on the past few weeks:
  • Had two more baby showers, one thrown by my inlaws and one from work. They were very fun, Aubrey is such a loved girl already by so many people!
  • I don't have a belly pic, shame on me! It hasn't gotten too much bigger though, still the same inches around from 3 weeks ago..(and still no stretch marks! woohoo! Still got time though...)
  • I got "checked" the past few weeks, 36 & 37 weeks he said my cervix was hard as a rock, and no dilation, today at my dr's appt he said my cervix is starting to soften! Yay, at least there's some progress.
  • I have a bunch of braxton hicks contractions every night before bed, it is so exciting to feel that tightening and knowing my body is practicing for the big day!
  • We are done with all our classes, I've learned so much from them, breastfeeding was my favorite. I feel much more prepared now.
  • People always ask me, "Are you just READY to be done?" Honestly, no! I feel completely fine, still working full time...thank goodness! I would be completely miserable if I were sitting at home twiddling my thumbs all day waiting to go into labor.
  • Although it hasn't hit me yet that I'M HAVING A BABY IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS, I'm very excited for her arrival!

2 comments:

  1. I worked up until the day I had him. My last day was Friday and I had my work baby shower that day. But Ty had other plans. I totally know how that feels. I can't imagine just waiting at home to go into labor. I am so excited for you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO far! That is so exciting!! :) We are signing up for classes finally too!! So excited for your little family :)

    ReplyDelete