Saturday, January 29, 2011

35 weeks.



I am 35 weeks & 2 days as of today! Here's some highlights of the last two weeks.

-I had my lovely baby shower, which has a post for itself!
-Aubrey's nursery is FINISHED! Pictures soon to come.
-Got my maternity pictures taken, my dad did an awesome job. Steve was even a good sport and joined in on some.
-Packed my hospital bag! I'm keeping it pretty simple: Travel size shower/hygiene stuff, outfit for Aubrey to come home in, blanket for her to come home in, camera charger, snacks, cozy socks, nursing bras/breastfeeding stuff, & I can't really remember what else!
-Steve has graciously assembled ALL of the baby stuff-swing, stroller/carseat, bassinet..it's all ready to be used!
-I did our baby girls first couple loads of laundry, everything newborn & 0-3 months is ready and safe to be born, along with all her blankies & sheets. Soo exciting, and soo real!
-Childbirth classes are still going very well, I love learning all about labor and what's involved. I'm really looking forward to the breastfeeding class, I want to do whatever I can to prepare!
-My doctor measured me and thinks Aubrey is about 4 and a half pounds right now, which is on the small but still healthy side. He thinks based on my size and weight gain so far I will have a six pounder on my hands. Yay! NOT complaining.
-Next dr's visit, at 36 weeks I get to start getting "checked", where the doctor checks to see how effaced/dilated I am. Exciting! Scary!
-Aubrey has hiccups about twice a day, poor girl. I hate having hiccups so it can't be that much fun for her either I'm sure.
-Still no back pain, contractions, or trouble sleeping--I think the girls in my childbirth class want to punch me sometimes :)

2 more weeks until I'm "full term". I don't see me delivering early, so I'm still counting on March 3rd, (give or take a few) to meet our princess.

2 comments:

  1. YAYAY!!! I cannot wait to see this little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, I was going to tell you...

    First off, ask your OBGYN for an RX for Dr. Jack Newman'n Nipple Ointment (it has antibacterial properties and a little bit of a numbing which totally helps - it saved me from giving up breastfeeding when the pain/bleeding got crazy).

    Also, a friend gave me this tip, which sounds kind of wonky but makes total sense (I didn't know until after the fact)...
    Buy some Depends and then you can use those instead of the crappy hospital undies and giant pads (they suck) and there is less mess and you are more comfortable. You can also put your ice pack right in there!

    ReplyDelete