Friday, January 14, 2011

33 weeks.



Mama is getting big! I guess pregnancy life has been eventful lately. At least more than usual.

-I found out I have gestational diabetes. I had passed my first blood test back at 20 weeks, but apparently my numbers were a little too high after I drank the glucose drink thing at 28 weeks. I was surprised at first because I eat like a saint, but the doctor said it's probably because I'm such a petite girl my pancreas can't produce enough insulin! Soo I have to test my blood sugar a few times a day to make sure they aren't high, and the numbers have been good.

-My doctor basically said to count on a C-section if I have a baby 8 lbs or over because of the lack of width of my hips! I really don't see that happening, but you never know! I've known pretty small girls that have had 9 pounders! Oh! And my dr also said he doesn't let his GD patients go past their due date usually, so I definitely have a chance of being induced on March 3rd. Wowza!

-We started taking childbirth classes, thanks to my lovely friend Shawna! She got me all signed up for free. I love them, they are soo informational and I love to know everything about labor I can. Steve has been way supportive too, and is just about the only guy in the class that isn't afraid to raise his hand and ask questions.

-I have baby showers coming up! I can't wait to celebrate-in pink!

-I feel great, I felt bad at child birth class because we all go around the room and talk about how our week was, all the girls have miserable back aches and get up to pee 5 times a night, and there I was with not one thing to complain about except an occasional prick of the finger because of my GD. I've been really, really lucky and I'm starting to notice it more and more. I think I got this 3 more times :)

-Still haven't gained more than 11 pounds-yikes! It's so hard to gain more when I'm basically cutting out most sugar and carbs. Goal is to gain ten more pounds, I'm sure I can do it!

-I am SO pro-epidural. Just sayin'. Good for you if you can do it all natural, but I really don't think I'll feel like "more of a woman" either way. Just being able to grow this baby inside of me is womanly enough for me, lol!


Aubrey is kicking and moving around more and more, it's really easy to see. I rub my belly like Buddha all day at work, I love having her so close to me all the time! In 7 short weeks I'm going to meet my baby girl and I cannot believe how fast time has gone.




5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is going so well for you!! I can't imagine how excited you must be! And only gaining 11 pounds!? I bet that's how much I'll gain in my first month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you at your shower this weekend! You look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! And Lisa, you will be wayyyy nauseous, I Promise you won't gain 11 lbs the first month lol!. Ali I can't wait to see you either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make me want to be pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete