Friday, July 30, 2010

{nine weeks}


My sweet little olive,

Congratulations! Today you graduate from an embryo to a fetus! You are already growing up so fast :( You are well on your way to being a full fledged baby! You may be the tiniest little thing, but you sure have found a huge place in your mom and dad's hearts.

You are now an inch long. Your eyes, previously open, will now close and become covered with a membrane lid until you are about 28 weeks old. Enjoy your nice, long sleep..I wish I could join you, I could certainly use a 5 month nap! Your muscles are beginning to form and you make lots of tiny involuntary movements. I can't wait to be able to feel you boppin' around in there. Your facial features are becoming more developed this week as well. I wonder if you will have my high cheekbones, or perhaps daddy's luscious lips? This weel is when sex characteristics begin to assert themsevles (although an ultrasound won't be able to detect specific sex organs quite yet) I am so excited to find out if you are a boy or a girl.

I think about you every day. At this point it's difficult to picture what you look like, but just the idea of you makes Daddy and I the happiest we've ever been in our lives.

All my love,
Mama



2 comments: