Wednesday, September 22, 2010

{sixteen weeks}


Baby girl,

You are so long! You are nearly 5 inches long, as long as an avocado. Your muscles are getting stronger and your bones are getting harder by the day, so I may be able to feel you boppin' around in there very soon! Maybe even as early as this week. I can't wait for that moment! No matter where I am, I will probably shout for joy! Unless it's in the middle of sacrament meeting or something :)

I love the fact that you can hear my voice now. I will try to start singing to you, it's supposed to be a comfort for when you are born, and you will recognize my voice. How sweet are you! We bought you your first present--(not counting the several outfits we have gotten!). My sister in law gave us a 25% off coupon to Babies R Us, and we had to use it on either a crib, bassinet, car seat, or stroller. I didn't plan on getting any of this "big" stuff yet, since I'll be having baby showers, but 25% is quite a chunk off of something that is pricy. So we got you an adorable car seat. Heres a picture of it:

I know I will probably regret getting a girl only car seat, because we obviously couldn't use it for a boy! But I fell in love with it as I do so many baby girl items, and who knows? What if you are my only baby girl I will ever have? I want to live it up with all the pink and flowers :)

Anyways, thanks for being such a princess and not making me sick anymore. I've actually been cooking and cleaning as much as I used to when I was a good little housewife. Steve appreciates it too! He's going to be such a good daddy for you, if he takes care of you half as good as he takes care of me, you will still be the luckiest little girl in the world! Love you.

Love

The mama

2 comments:

  1. Awe you are such a sweet mom already :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the furniture you've picked out! I'm happy to help you make stuff for the nursery if you can't find things you like. Curtains, nursing pillows, whatever you need. =)

    ReplyDelete