Saturday, September 4, 2010


My lemon,

We are getting soo much closer to the half way point. Maybe that's when it will all feel real? Or perhaps when I feel you move for the first time, that has got to be amazing. Or maybe when our ultrasound tech says "It's a boy!" or maybe even "It's a girl!" I think the only time it will really feel real is the second you are in our arms!

This weel you are about the size of a lemon. You're starting to produce your own blood cells and insulin and your body might b e covered by a layer of downy hair called lanugo. You can squint, frown, grimace, and even suck your thumb!

Next Friday, we will hopefully find out your gender. We are going to Sonotech, a place that does ultrasounds for mommies that don't have patience. I still feel like you are a boy, but knowing for sure will be that much more exciting! And I get 10 pictures of you, AND a dvd of the ultrasound! Amazing.

I still get waves of nausea here and there, mostly if I haven't eaten in a while. I try to snack often, but nothing seems to satisfy you! One thing you apparently do NOT like is chicken. I can't even think about chicken. EWW! Another thing, I haven't gained yet one pound yet. I feel like I should have by now. Any prior mamas know when this should be happening? THanks!

Well, your daddy and I sure love you! We talk about you alll the time, and you have soo many family and friends that already love you.

Love,

Mama



4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about not gaining any weight yet. =] That's lucky haha! I'll tell Becca to comment & tell you when she starting gaining weight. Yay 14 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats for being 14 weeks! Hope you find out the gender at your next ultrasound :)Dont worry about not gaining any weight, as long as you eating your fine :) I lost 20 lbs in the very beginning, I was very dehydrated [and worried].. but my baby was just fine! I didn't start gaining any of that weight back until about 24 weeks. I know its impossible not to worry during pregnancy, but if you need any assurance that every things fine just call your doctor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you're already almost 1/2 way there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not necessarily about weight gain, its if your tummy and the baby is growing properly. I gained about 19 pounds during my pregnancy and I lost 2 pounds during the last month. A healthy weight gain is 20-30 pounds, and you'll get there, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete